PDA

View Full Version : teacher/grad student needs help!

November 22nd 06, 03:27 PM
Hi,

I'm not even sure if this is the right place for this question, but I
have a huge favor to ask. I am a special education teacher working on
my Masters. In my statistics class I have to do a short research paper
that also involves collecting my own data. My paper is focusing on
job/work satisfaction scores, comparing regular education teachers to
special education teachers (at any level). Now, I'm loaded down with
special education teachers (I work at an alternative school), but I
don't know any regular/general ed teachers to complete my survey!

So, I'm asking if there are any general education teachers in this
tribe who would be willing to complete a 12-question survey? They are
all just rating on a scale from 1-5, no written responses required. I'm
trying to figure out a way to post it somewhere, but as of right now,
I'd have to email it to you, and you'd email me back.

Anyone? Please? Pretty please? Pretty please with sugar on top? :)

Thanks for your time! :)

bizby40
November 22nd 06, 03:51 PM
> wrote in message
oups.com...
> So, I'm asking if there are any general education teachers in this
> tribe who would be willing to complete a 12-question survey? They
> are
> all just rating on a scale from 1-5, no written responses required.
> I'm
> trying to figure out a way to post it somewhere, but as of right
> now,
> I'd have to email it to you, and you'd email me back.

There are a few teachers on this group, though I'm not one of them.
However, you'd get a much better and much more controlled sample if
you went to your local schools and passed out the survey. That way
you can get the grades you want, and you'll be closer to comparing
apples to apples since your respondents would be from the same area.
And, most importantly, you'll have a better confidence that the people
answering your survey are who they say they are. On a newsgroup you
have no way of knowing if the people are for real or not.

I'm willing to bet that if you called the principals at a couple of
local schools and explained what you wanted and why, you'd find one
who would let you pass out the survey at their school.

Good luck,

Bizby

Jeff
November 23rd 06, 12:27 AM
"bizby40" > wrote in message

> > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>> So, I'm asking if there are any general education teachers in this
>> tribe who would be willing to complete a 12-question survey? They are
>> all just rating on a scale from 1-5, no written responses required. I'm
>> trying to figure out a way to post it somewhere, but as of right now,
>> I'd have to email it to you, and you'd email me back.
>
> There are a few teachers on this group, though I'm not one of them.
> However, you'd get a much better and much more controlled sample if you
> went to your local schools and passed out the survey. That way you can
> get the grades you want, and you'll be closer to comparing apples to
> apples since your respondents would be from the same area. And, most
> importantly, you'll have a better confidence that the people answering
> your survey are who they say they are. On a newsgroup you have no way of
> knowing if the people are for real or not.
>
> I'm willing to bet that if you called the principals at a couple of local
> schools and explained what you wanted and why, you'd find one who would
> let you pass out the survey at their school.
>
> Good luck,
>
> Bizby

I agree completely with Bizby. By going on the internet, you'll have no
control over selection of the group. You might even have students or bored,
retired people taking the test. You'll have not way to find out who is
really taking the test because people are not always honest on the internet.

Jeff