PDA

View Full Version : Scooter Advice

bluetreetop
November 28th 06, 09:17 PM
Thinking of buying our daughter, four in December, a scooter.

Have looked at "Disney Princess Inline Scooter". Appeals because it is
lightweight and could be picked up and taken just about anywhere.

Concerns are whether she will be balanced enough on two wheels - most other
two wheelers are for 5 or 6 year old upwards - and quality of wheels: are
they a bit too plasticy.

Anyone got one and can comment? Especially on if it's genuinely OK for 3-8
year olds as it says on the box. Also cheapest place to buy it in UK.

Otherwise any other impartial advice on scooters for four year old girls
gratefully received.

Thanks.

Ericka Kammerer
November 28th 06, 09:34 PM
bluetreetop wrote:
> Thinking of buying our daughter, four in December, a scooter.
>
> Have looked at "Disney Princess Inline Scooter". Appeals because it is
> lightweight and could be picked up and taken just about anywhere.
>
> Concerns are whether she will be balanced enough on two wheels - most other
> two wheelers are for 5 or 6 year old upwards - and quality of wheels: are
> they a bit too plasticy.
>
> Anyone got one and can comment? Especially on if it's genuinely OK for 3-8
> year olds as it says on the box. Also cheapest place to buy it in UK.
>
> Otherwise any other impartial advice on scooters for four year old girls
> gratefully received.

Some 4yos can scooter on a two-wheeled scooter,
but others either can't do it yet or find it difficult
enough that they're not interested in working that hard
to ride a scooter. I think you'll have to make a judgment
based on your daughter's degree of coordination/balance/etc.
and level of desire and persistence.

Best wishes
Ericka

Welches
November 29th 06, 03:37 PM
. uk...

#1 had no problem on a 2 wheeled scooter at 4. BUT she was pretty expert on
a 3 wheeled one before she used 2 wheeled. If she's never used one before
she might struggle.
Debbie

Marty Billingsley
November 30th 06, 12:19 PM
In article >,
bluetreetop > wrote:
>Thinking of buying our daughter, four in December, a scooter.
>
>Have looked at "Disney Princess Inline Scooter". Appeals because it is
>lightweight and could be picked up and taken just about anywhere.
>
>Concerns are whether she will be balanced enough on two wheels - most other
>two wheelers are for 5 or 6 year old upwards - and quality of wheels: are
>they a bit too plasticy.
>
>Anyone got one and can comment? Especially on if it's genuinely OK for 3-8
>year olds as it says on the box. Also cheapest place to buy it in UK.
>
>Otherwise any other impartial advice on scooters for four year old girls
>gratefully received.

Go with a 2-wheeled scooter; it'll last your daughter longer. Plus,
the practice in balance is helpful in learning to ride a 2-wheeled
bicycle later on.

Make sure to get one that folds up so your daughter can scoot lots
of places and take it inside with her (to the store, the library,
school, etc.)