PDA

View Full Version : washing spot-clean-only stuffed animals?

December 4th 06, 09:42 PM
We had a big puking incident last night... :( (which of course
happened a few hours after DH left for a 3-day conference at the
Phoenix Ritz Carlton, but I digress) Anyway, among the victims were a
few of Micah's favorite stuffed animals, and they all say 'spot clean
only' on them. I don't think that's going to cut it this time; will
something Bad really happen if I toss them in the washing machine? I
don't want to ruin them since he sleeps with them every night and is
quite attached.

Em
mama to Micah, 11/14/04

Nan
December 4th 06, 09:54 PM
On 4 Dec 2006 13:42:37 -0800, wrote:

>We had a big puking incident last night... :( (which of course
>happened a few hours after DH left for a 3-day conference at the
>Phoenix Ritz Carlton, but I digress) Anyway, among the victims were a
>few of Micah's favorite stuffed animals, and they all say 'spot clean
>only' on them. I don't think that's going to cut it this time; will
>something Bad really happen if I toss them in the washing machine? I
>don't want to ruin them since he sleeps with them every night and is
>quite attached.

They should be okay. I would rinse them as well as you can, then toss
them in a pillow case and zip/pin it shut. Use cool water on gentle
cycle, then air dry.

Hope he's feeling better soon!

Nan

December 4th 06, 10:36 PM
Nan wrote:
> They should be okay. I would rinse them as well as you can, then toss
> them in a pillow case and zip/pin it shut. Use cool water on gentle
> cycle, then air dry.
>
> Hope he's feeling better soon!
>
> Nan

Great; thanks!! In they go... and bubs seems to be feeling better
already, demonstrated by the whining for more food and the resurgent
temper tantrums! ;)

Em
mama to Micah, 11/14/04

Jen
December 4th 06, 11:29 PM
> wrote in message
oups.com...
> We had a big puking incident last night... :( (which of course
> happened a few hours after DH left for a 3-day conference at the
> Phoenix Ritz Carlton, but I digress) Anyway, among the victims were a
> few of Micah's favorite stuffed animals, and they all say 'spot clean
> only' on them. I don't think that's going to cut it this time; will
> something Bad really happen if I toss them in the washing machine? I
> don't want to ruin them since he sleeps with them every night and is
> quite attached.

I usually hand wash, but sometimes machine wash all my daughters toys.
They're all fine.

Jen

Anne Rogers
December 5th 06, 12:29 AM
in the main they come out fine, I've no foolproof method to know for which
ones it doesn't, as it's never actually happened to me, but with puking, I
think you've not really got a choice, you're unlikely to get them clean
enough without completely soaking and if you're going to soak you might as
well machine. If there are bits on them that could get caught, putting them
in a pillowcase would be a good idea.

Cheers

Anne