PDA

View Full Version : Nutcracker

toto
December 11th 06, 03:24 AM
We took dgd to her very first performance of the nutcracker this
evening. I was a bit afraid it would be too long for her, but she did
very well. She enjoyed the dancing and the music but she didn't like
the clapping - she kept putting her hands over her ears and said it
was too loud.

It was such fun to see her face light up when the Christmas Tree grew.
She thought that was real magic. She also liked the children coming
out from Mrs. Gingerbread's skirt. She will probably be trying to do
all the dances at home now. She said she was going to pretend to be
the nutcracker and make the Christmas Tree grow big.

--
Dorothy

The Outer Limits

grammaticism/grammatichasm
December 12th 06, 09:53 AM
They don't show the Nutcracker at Christmas in Germany (at least, not
in Mannheim). My mom finally sent us an old Nutcracker video with
Mucullay Culkin as the Nutcracker Prince, and my son loves watching it
all the way up to the Dance of the Snowflakes. (He's not much into the
dancing). We've seen the Mouse King get his due numerous times.

He told me he wanted a Nutcracker for Christmas. Imagine his face when
we unpacked the christmas decorations and there was a nutcracker in the
box! :-)

toto schrieb:

> We took dgd to her very first performance of the nutcracker this
> evening. I was a bit afraid it would be too long for her, but she did
> very well. She enjoyed the dancing and the music but she didn't like
> the clapping - she kept putting her hands over her ears and said it
> was too loud.
>
> It was such fun to see her face light up when the Christmas Tree grew.
> She thought that was real magic. She also liked the children coming
> out from Mrs. Gingerbread's skirt. She will probably be trying to do
> all the dances at home now. She said she was going to pretend to be
> the nutcracker and make the Christmas Tree grow big.
>

> --
> Dorothy
>
> There is no sound, no cry in all the world
> that can be heard unless someone listens ..
>
> The Outer Limits

Irene
December 12th 06, 03:35 PM
toto wrote:
> We took dgd to her very first performance of the nutcracker this
> evening. I was a bit afraid it would be too long for her, but she did
> very well. She enjoyed the dancing and the music but she didn't like
> the clapping - she kept putting her hands over her ears and said it
> was too loud.

I'm thinking I'd like to take dd next year when she's 3 - I think
she'll love it. Not sure whether or not to take ds, too - he's not so
much into dancing. Though he does enjoy Dancing with the Stars, so
maybe he would.

We took both kids to see their cousins (5 & 6 yo) in a children's
production of Guys and Dolls over the weekend. Yes, it was very much
abridged!!! Anyhow, dd was fascinated, and said she wanted to do it
too. Ds was quite disappointed because "they weren't doing it right."
His kindy class is on a field trip to see Beauty and the Beast right
now - we'll see what he thinks of that!

But anyhow, I love the Nutcracker, so I'm really looking forward to
going with the kids. MIL can take them to movies, but darnit, *I* get
to take them to the Nutcracker! ;)

And hmm...google groups says it does not support posting to
alt.mothers...

Irene

Ericka Kammerer
December 12th 06, 05:01 PM
Irene wrote:
> toto wrote:
>> We took dgd to her very first performance of the nutcracker this
>> evening. I was a bit afraid it would be too long for her, but she did
>> very well. She enjoyed the dancing and the music but she didn't like
>> the clapping - she kept putting her hands over her ears and said it
>> was too loud.
>>
> I'm thinking I'd like to take dd next year when she's 3 - I think
> she'll love it. Not sure whether or not to take ds, too - he's not so
> much into dancing. Though he does enjoy Dancing with the Stars, so
> maybe he would.

Oh, lots of boys love Nutcracker! It's full of
sword-fighting and mischief. There is also a lot of
movement--none of the individual dances are very long,
so even if there's something he doesn't enjoy very much,
it will soon move on to something different.

Best wishes,
Ericka

Irene
December 12th 06, 07:02 PM
Ericka Kammerer wrote:
> Irene wrote:
> > toto wrote:
> >> We took dgd to her very first performance of the nutcracker this
> >> evening. I was a bit afraid it would be too long for her, but she did
> >> very well. She enjoyed the dancing and the music but she didn't like
> >> the clapping - she kept putting her hands over her ears and said it
> >> was too loud.
> >>
> > I'm thinking I'd like to take dd next year when she's 3 - I think
> > she'll love it. Not sure whether or not to take ds, too - he's not so
> > much into dancing. Though he does enjoy Dancing with the Stars, so
> > maybe he would.
>
> Oh, lots of boys love Nutcracker! It's full of
> sword-fighting and mischief. There is also a lot of
> movement--none of the individual dances are very long,
> so even if there's something he doesn't enjoy very much,
> it will soon move on to something different.
>
> Best wishes,
> Ericka

Good points. :) Maybe I'll try it - but I've got a year to think
about it, lol.

Irene

grammaticism/grammatichasm
December 13th 06, 11:55 AM
Irene schrieb:

> And hmm...google groups says it does not support posting to
> alt.mothers...

Oh, that was just a period after "mothers". I erased that, and it
processed smoothly