PDA

View Full Version : Health Scares

alyson_h82
December 13th 06, 08:50 PM
My 20 month old son has been having recurring fevers of 104+ once a
week for the last 5 weeks. The fevers begin around 5am and last until
around 6pm. During this time he is very drowsy (obviously) and sleeps
a lot. Tylenol, Advil, Motrin... nothing works to break the fever. I
take him to the Dr and they can't find any type of ear, nose throat
infections. This week he didn't get the fever but he's had diarrhea
for 4 days on and off. Besides this he is in great spirits; a good
eater; very active and happy boy.
I just pulled him out of daycare thinking that maybe that was the
problem but apparently not because he still keeps getting sick.

At 4 weeks old he had surgery for pyloric steurosis (sp) which was a
condition where the stomach muscle between the bowels and intestines
over grows and they just simply slit it to open it up.

Any ideas what might be causing this? Or what I can do for him? Any
suggestions would be appreciated.

Amy Austin
December 13th 06, 10:05 PM
alyson_h82 wrote:
> My 20 month old son has been having recurring fevers of 104+ once a
> week for the last 5 weeks. The fevers begin around 5am and last until
> around 6pm. During this time he is very drowsy (obviously) and sleeps
> a lot. Tylenol, Advil, Motrin... nothing works to break the fever. I
> take him to the Dr and they can't find any type of ear, nose throat
> infections. This week he didn't get the fever but he's had diarrhea
> for 4 days on and off. Besides this he is in great spirits; a good
> eater; very active and happy boy.
> I just pulled him out of daycare thinking that maybe that was the
> problem but apparently not because he still keeps getting sick.
>
> At 4 weeks old he had surgery for pyloric steurosis (sp) which was a
> condition where the stomach muscle between the bowels and intestines
> over grows and they just simply slit it to open it up.
>
> Any ideas what might be causing this? Or what I can do for him? Any
> suggestions would be appreciated.

I would ask the doctor to evaluate him for a bladdar/kidney/urinary
tract infection.

Good luck. Fevers are scary.

Amy