PDA

View Full Version : Are all 3 year olds grouchy alot?

Leeta
December 17th 06, 10:04 AM
My son has been so grouchy and emotional. I am not sure what is going on. But he gets so mad, at anything and everything. He pouts it is nuts

December 17th 06, 07:02 PM
On Dec 17, 4:04 am, Leeta >
wrote:
> My son has been so grouchy and emotional. I am not sure what is going
> on. But he gets so mad, at anything and everything. He pouts it is
> nuts
>
> --
> Leeta

My dd1 is 3. She's turned into a whiny, grumpy mess in the past month
or so. She cries for anything and everything. She's hitting her sister
for no reason at all. We are trying to not scream at her or punish her
because that only aggravates the situation. I try to act as if her
tantrums don't get to me. It's a daily struggle these days. I hope it's
just a phase. I have only empathy for you :)

toto
December 17th 06, 08:54 PM
On Sun, 17 Dec 2006 10:04:26 +0000, Leeta
> wrote:

>My son has been so grouchy and emotional. I am not sure what is going
>on. But he gets so mad, at anything and everything. He pouts it is
>nuts

Children are individuals, but three is a difficult age. It's actually
more difficult than the *terrible twos* for most parents.

--
Dorothy

The Outer Limits

December 18th 06, 01:34 AM
I know people talk about the terrible twos, but certainly my three kids
seemed to be at their most volatile at age 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 or so. My
middle kid in particular was really, really difficult. He was a major
crabby fusspot, he had all these rules and rituals, he was easily
frustrated etc.

I don't think you are alone.