PDA

View Full Version : everyone ok?

Anne Rogers
December 17th 06, 07:54 PM
Don't know how many of you were affected by the wind storms that hit the
Northwest? We were, we've just got power back after about 54hrs without
power, luckily living in a condo, our inside temperature got cold, but not
excessively so. We had a very near miss with a tree in the middle of the
complex, it fell in the one direction that only damaged other plants. There
are still a lot of places without power so we feel very lucky. We were also
very lucky with how our children coped with it, our DS, 3.5 woke up not long
after the power went out, tried to switch his light on and got very
distressed when it didn't work, but once we explained to him, he has been
fine and not begged for anything that required electricity, DD 18 mths has
been completely oblivious and behaved in a normal manner for her, last night
she must have got cold in her cot and woke up and DH had her in the spare
room with him, whilst I cuddled up with DS in our room. So all in all, not a
particularly fun experience, but not a big deal either, it has however
raised our awareness of the need for emergency preparedness, we had no plans
in place at all, though we did only move into this house 2 weeks ago.

Cheers

Anne