PDA

View Full Version : gift ideas

December 18th 06, 02:00 AM
I have to get a gift for my friends daughter. I have no clue what her
daughter is in too. We only talk about her son because we have both
the same age. She is 10 years old. What would be a good toy to get
for her. any suggestions????

Sue
December 18th 06, 02:25 AM
Hi,

My 10-year-old daughter is into Littlest Pet Shop toys, Webkinz (which are
found at Hallmark stores, they are stuffed animals pretty much like the TY
toys), games, crafts, and girly things. Maybe a diary of her own. Good luck.
--
Sue (mom to three girls)

> wrote in message
ups.com...
> I have to get a gift for my friends daughter. I have no clue what her
> daughter is in too. We only talk about her son because we have both
> the same age. She is 10 years old. What would be a good toy to get
> for her. any suggestions????

December 18th 06, 02:28 AM
thank you so much sue. I wasn't sure if girls that age were still into
dolls and things like that. times have changed so much since i was a
girl that age.
thanx again

Sue wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My 10-year-old daughter is into Littlest Pet Shop toys, Webkinz (which are
> found at Hallmark stores, they are stuffed animals pretty much like the TY
> toys), games, crafts, and girly things. Maybe a diary of her own. Good luck.
> --
> Sue (mom to three girls)
>
> > wrote in message
> ups.com...
> > I have to get a gift for my friends daughter. I have no clue what her
> > daughter is in too. We only talk about her son because we have both
> > the same age. She is 10 years old. What would be a good toy to get
> > for her. any suggestions????

Jeff
December 18th 06, 02:46 AM
> wrote in message
ups.com...
>I have to get a gift for my friends daughter. I have no clue what her
> daughter is in too. We only talk about her son because we have both
> the same age. She is 10 years old. What would be a good toy to get
> for her. any suggestions????

Legos. I like Sue's suggestion (ok, I don't like dolls, but it is still a
good suggestion).

Jeff

Rose Garten
December 18th 06, 02:12 PM
wrote:
> I have to get a gift for my friends daughter. I have no clue what her
> daughter is in too. We only talk about her son because we have both
> the same age. She is 10 years old. What would be a good toy to get
> for her. any suggestions????

I would second the Webkinz suggestion. My daughter has one and loves
it. She is soon to be 8 and some of the games are a little to hard for
her. I think 10 is about the right age. If you want an ideas what it
is go to www.webkinz.com and take the tour. They get a years membership
at the site with the purchase of a stuffed animal. The site is very kid
safe and ask only for first name and birth date. The chat is all
directed chat from drop down menus so you don't have to worry about
predators.

Tracey
December 19th 06, 04:23 PM
> wrote in message
ups.com...
>I have to get a gift for my friends daughter. I have no clue what her
> daughter is in too. We only talk about her son because we have both
> the same age. She is 10 years old. What would be a good toy to get
> for her. any suggestions????

Ask your friend for suggestions.

Clisby
December 19th 06, 06:21 PM
Jeff wrote:

> > wrote in message
> ups.com...
>
>>I have to get a gift for my friends daughter. I have no clue what her
>>daughter is in too. We only talk about her son because we have both
>>the same age. She is 10 years old. What would be a good toy to get
>>for her. any suggestions????
>

> Legos. I like Sue's suggestion (ok, I don't like dolls, but it is still a
> good suggestion).
>
> Jeff

My 10-year-old daughter would way rather get Legos than dolls. She does
like arts/crafts type things, though, so some other possibilities:

- a box of assorted art and/or crafts supplies (for example, you coule
put together a box with a variety of beads and laces for stringing them,
or a box with a variety of art supplies.
- a basic sewing box with needles, pins, pincushion, thread.
- a box with knitting needles, crochet hook, yarns

Clisby