PDA

View Full Version : The Essential Guide To Autism

linda shaw
December 21st 06, 10:14 AM
Sadly, I am embarrassed to say that before Autism touched my life all I
knew about the disorder came from watching the character played by
Dustin Hoffman in the film "Rainman".
Experts who I turned to help me understand autism did little to explain
to me about the options available and when I asked them about special
classes and treatment options - well let's just say they were not very
helpful.
So, I searched high and low for good books on Autism, but struggled to
find anything useful. The few that I did find were either poorly
written, written for doctors or medical practitioners, contained
out-of-date information or only part of the information that I needed.
I am sure you have found the same...
So, I searched high and low for good books on Autism, but struggled to
find anything useful. The few that I did find were either poorly
written, written for doctors or medical practitioners, contained
out-of-date information or only part of the information that I needed.
I am sure you have found the same...
So, the only option available was to find the answers myself...
And so, I spent many hours, days, weeks researching proven techniques
to diagnose and manage Autism, and they have been compiled into a
comprehensive, but easy to understand ebook for anyone looking for
answers...
http://autismres.blogspot.com/#

HCN
December 21st 06, 07:21 PM
"linda shaw" > wrote in message
ps.com...
> Sadly, I am embarrassed to say that before Autism touched my life all I
> knew about the disorder came from watching the character played by
> Dustin Hoffman in the film "Rainman".
> Experts who I turned to help me understand autism did little to explain
> to me about the options available and when I asked them about special
> classes and treatment options - well let's just say they were not very
> helpful.
> So, I searched high and low for good books on Autism, but struggled to
> find anything useful. The few that I did find were either poorly
> written, written for doctors or medical practitioners, contained
> out-of-date information or only part of the information that I needed.
> I am sure you have found the same...
> So, I searched high and low for good books on Autism, but struggled to
> find anything useful. The few that I did find were either poorly
> written, written for doctors or medical practitioners, contained
> out-of-date information or only part of the information that I needed.
> I am sure you have found the same...
> So, the only option available was to find the answers myself...
> And so, I spent many hours, days, weeks researching proven techniques
> to diagnose and manage Autism, and they have been compiled into a
> comprehensive, but easy to understand ebook for anyone looking for
> answers...

Yeah, sure... is it as repetitive as the above?

Actually, there are lots of good books on autism. You might try looking at
http://www.autism-hub.co.uk/ ... which includes reviews of books on autism
(including one coming out by R.R. Grinker,
http://www.unstrange.com/index.html ), and includes the author of another
book about autism.