PDA

View Full Version : Re: Older Breeders.

Deuteros
December 26th 06, 02:23 PM
"Denise" > wrote in
:

> My younger sister is 44, and last year took in two young foster
> children. Her own four kids are all late teens to adult, and the fosters
> are now 7 and 4, I believe. I heard she wants to adopt them.
> She has never aspired to be anything but a mom (which I blame partly on
> the m0rm0n religion we were raised in) and I honestly don't think she
> knows how to do anything else. We worried about what she and her
> husband would do after the kyds were grown. Well, they took on some
> more. They likely have little in common outside the kyds.
>
> I love my sister but we are as different as night and day as far as the
> kyd issue. Maybe there is a "no-mommy" gene and I got it.

Probably because you're infertile and you're sister is not. You most likely
hate kids because it's something you can't have. Don't worry, it feels much
better after you admit it.

mom0f4boys
December 27th 06, 03:36 AM
I plan to foster kids when my own are gone. I don't think it lessens
me or puts me way down low on the scale of human accomplishment to
strive for 'nothing higher than child-rearing'. In raising my own 4, I
have managed to do a few other things in life. I like teenagers.
Homes for state-custody teens are always scarce. So I figure I will
make a place in my home for some teenagers in the future.
"Breeders"? Ewww. What a ****ty outlook. Maybe you are using it
as a term to describe people who "have no other identity" other than
parent? I doubt that many such people exist. But what if they do?
Maybe there are a ****load of adults walking around with fond memories
of the way they were treated by THE BREEDERS.
Where is the gripe?

mom0f4boys
December 27th 06, 03:36 AM
I plan to foster kids when my own are gone. I don't think it lessens
me or puts me way down low on the scale of human accomplishment to
strive for 'nothing higher than child-rearing'. In raising my own 4, I
have managed to do a few other things in life. I like teenagers.
Homes for state-custody teens are always scarce. So I figure I will
make a place in my home for some teenagers in the future.
"Breeders"? Ewww. What a ****ty outlook. Maybe you are using it
as a term to describe people who "have no other identity" other than
parent? I doubt that many such people exist. But what if they do?
Maybe there are a ****load of adults walking around with fond memories
of the way they were treated by THE BREEDERS.
Where is the gripe?

elizabeth
December 27th 06, 03:55 AM
mom0f4boys wrote:
snip bull****

What the **** are *you* doing here, dearie? You really don't know
where you aren't wanted and not needed, do you? No wonder your life
sucks so bad.

joni
December 27th 06, 05:20 AM
On Dec 26, 7:55 pm, "elizabeth" > wrote:
> mom0f4boys wrote:snip bull****
>
> What the **** are *you* doing here, dearie? You really don't know
> where you aren't wanted and not needed, do you? No wonder your life
> sucks so bad.

Guess y'all dont notice the other parents/kids groups these childhater
messages get crossposted to...

joanne

mom0f4boys
December 27th 06, 05:55 AM
What did I miss? Jeez

mom0f4boys
December 27th 06, 05:56 AM
What did I miss? Jeez

Jack
December 27th 06, 09:58 AM
"mom0f4boys" > wrote in message
ups.com...
<snip>
> Where is the gripe?

The gripe is that you are cross posting this to the newsgroup,
alt.support.childfree.

Check the newsgroup line before replying. If alt.support.childfree is in
the line along with a bunch of child related newsgroups, you can assume that
what ever you're looking at is an attempt to stir up a fight.

Instead of wasting time on it, and giving entertainment to someone looking
for it, you're best off to just killfile the poster and the thread and move
on, or if you absolutely *must* reply, cut out all but the group that you're
posting from.

--
-Jack-
"All work and no play make Jack a dull boy."

Banty
December 27th 06, 03:35 PM
In article >, Jack says...

>"mom0f4boys" > wrote in message
ups.com...
><snip>
>> Where is the gripe?
>
>The gripe is that you are cross posting this to the newsgroup,
>alt.support.childfree.
>
>Check the newsgroup line before replying. If alt.support.childfree is in
>the line along with a bunch of child related newsgroups, you can assume that
>what ever you're looking at is an attempt to stir up a fight.
>
>Instead of wasting time on it, and giving entertainment to someone looking
>for it, you're best off to just killfile the poster and the thread and move
>on, or if you absolutely *must* reply, cut out all but the group that you're
>posting from.

That would go for all posters here - no? Misc.kids* would best be snipped from
the headers of certain posters as well.

But, in the main, you're right. We usually dont' fall for this, being used to
toddler and toddler-like tantrums.

Happy 2007,
Banty

elliemae72
December 27th 06, 05:23 PM
mom0f4boys wrote:
> I plan to foster kids when my own are gone. I don't think it lessens
> me or puts me way down low on the scale of human accomplishment to
> strive for 'nothing higher than child-rearing'. In raising my own 4, I
> have managed to do a few other things in life. I like teenagers.
> Homes for state-custody teens are always scarce. So I figure I will
> make a place in my home for some teenagers in the future.
> "Breeders"? Ewww. What a ****ty outlook. Maybe you are using it
> as a term to describe people who "have no other identity" other than
> parent? I doubt that many such people exist. But what if they do?
> Maybe there are a ****load of adults walking around with fond memories
> of the way they were treated by THE BREEDERS.
> Where is the gripe?

Your screen name is "momOf4boys". It seems that your identity
has a lot to do with being a parent, to the extent that you don't
even have your own name.

In any case, the FAQ for this group will indicate that parents
of any type aren't welcome. And it's just not polite to walk into
a place and complain about the people you find there.

elliemae

elliemae72
December 27th 06, 05:28 PM
elliemae72 wrote:
> mom0f4boys wrote:
> > I plan to foster kids when my own are gone. I don't think it lessens
> > me or puts me way down low on the scale of human accomplishment to
> > strive for 'nothing higher than child-rearing'. In raising my own 4, I
> > have managed to do a few other things in life. I like teenagers.
> > Homes for state-custody teens are always scarce. So I figure I will
> > make a place in my home for some teenagers in the future.
> > "Breeders"? Ewww. What a ****ty outlook. Maybe you are using it
> > as a term to describe people who "have no other identity" other than
> > parent? I doubt that many such people exist. But what if they do?
> > Maybe there are a ****load of adults walking around with fond memories
> > of the way they were treated by THE BREEDERS.
> > Where is the gripe?
>
> Your screen name is "momOf4boys". It seems that your identity
> has a lot to do with being a parent, to the extent that you don't
> even have your own name.
>
> In any case, the FAQ for this group will indicate that parents
> of any type aren't welcome. And it's just not polite to walk into
> a place and complain about the people you find there.
>
> elliemae

I didn't notice that this had been crossposted. I thought that I was
posting solely to alt.support.childfree, in response
to a post made to that group.

elliemae

Marley Greiner
December 27th 06, 06:04 PM
"elliemae72" > wrote in message
ups.com...

> elliemae72 wrote:
>> mom0f4boys wrote:
>> > I plan to foster kids when my own are gone. I don't think it lessens
>> > me or puts me way down low on the scale of human accomplishment to
>> > strive for 'nothing higher than child-rearing'. In raising my own 4, I
>> > have managed to do a few other things in life. I like teenagers.
>> > Homes for state-custody teens are always scarce. So I figure I will
>> > make a place in my home for some teenagers in the future.
>> > "Breeders"? Ewww. What a ****ty outlook. Maybe you are using it
>> > as a term to describe people who "have no other identity" other than
>> > parent? I doubt that many such people exist. But what if they do?
>> > Maybe there are a ****load of adults walking around with fond memories
>> > of the way they were treated by THE BREEDERS.
>> > Where is the gripe?
>>
>> Your screen name is "momOf4boys". It seems that your identity
>> has a lot to do with being a parent, to the extent that you don't
>> even have your own name.
>>
>> In any case, the FAQ for this group will indicate that parents
>> of any type aren't welcome. And it's just not polite to walk into
>> a place and complain about the people you find there.
>>
>> elliemae
>
> I didn't notice that this had been crossposted. I thought that I was
> posting solely to alt.support.childfree, in response
> to a post made to that group.
>
> elliemae

I checked back best I could. This thread started as a ASCF-only thread. A
few days into it some jokster decided to cross-post it to several groups.
I closer look indicates that the person who I believe did this is a regular
little gadfly posting obnoxious...er excuse me...humorous... posts to
various newsgroups.

I've removed ASCF from this posting.

Marley

--
http://*******ette.blogspot.com
http://theoconia.blogspot.com

Miz Daisy Cutter
December 27th 06, 10:47 PM
On Wed, 27 Dec 2006 08:00:54 -0500, Elfanie reached into its ass and pulled
out (in article >):

> Stephanie Soderblom CLD CCCE CD(DONA) CBC
> apprentice midwife/doula/CBE/breastfeeding counselor
> Mommy to Mikael 5/9/95 - Kerstyn 8/6/99 - Kevin 8/30/02
> and Megan 5/16/05
> Senior Apprentice Midwife/Doula/Childbirth Educator
> Mesa, AZ
> www.AZDoulas.com
> www.birthdiaries.com

of rugrats.

-- Daze

sharx35
December 28th 06, 12:09 AM
"elliemae72" > wrote in message
ups.com...

> elliemae72 wrote:
>> mom0f4boys wrote:
>> > I plan to foster kids when my own are gone. I don't think it lessens
>> > me or puts me way down low on the scale of human accomplishment to
>> > strive for 'nothing higher than child-rearing'. In raising my own 4, I
>> > have managed to do a few other things in life. I like teenagers.
>> > Homes for state-custody teens are always scarce. So I figure I will
>> > make a place in my home for some teenagers in the future.
>> > "Breeders"? Ewww. What a ****ty outlook. Maybe you are using it
>> > as a term to describe people who "have no other identity" other than
>> > parent? I doubt that many such people exist. But what if they do?
>> > Maybe there are a ****load of adults walking around with fond memories
>> > of the way they were treated by THE BREEDERS.
>> > Where is the gripe?
>>
>> Your screen name is "momOf4boys". It seems that your identity
>> has a lot to do with being a parent, to the extent that you don't
>> even have your own name.
>>
>> In any case, the FAQ for this group will indicate that parents
>> of any type aren't welcome. And it's just not polite to walk into
>> a place and complain about the people you find there.
>>
>> elliemae
>
> I didn't notice that this had been crossposted. I thought that I was
> posting solely to alt.support.childfree, in response
> to a post made to that group.
>
> elliemae

So, who gives a FLYING **** IF it's crossposted? People like them should
grow thicker skins, rather than cause global overpopulation.

tom c
December 28th 06, 04:08 AM
"Elfanie" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 27 Dec 2006 03:58:52 -0600, "Jack" >
> wrote:
>

>>"mom0f4boys" > wrote in message
ups.com...
>><snip>
>>> Where is the gripe?
>>
>>The gripe is that you are cross posting this to the newsgroup,
>>alt.support.childfree.
>>

> No...the gripe is that the original poster cross-posted it to
> misc.kids.pregnancy among other parenting groups. I don't know anyone
> from MKP that has begun a crosspost intentionally to ASC (although ASC
> members routinely post over at MKP - makes me wonder why that is)

Actually the original post was to ASC only, then some troll who made its way
into my KF cross posted it to the other groups to try and start a flame war.
Most ASC and MK people have seen this scam before.. Best just let it fade
away.

Tom C