PDA

View Full Version : follow up formula

December 27th 06, 05:31 PM
I recently changed my 8 month olds formula from the goodstart to
goodstart 2. When should I give him the follow up formula? do i give
him both the goodstart 2 and follow up everyday or is it just the
follow up?
any info on this would be great

Me Myself and I
December 27th 06, 08:23 PM
From memory I don't think you start follow on formula till baby is 12 months
old. So stick with normal formula till at least then.

Pip

> wrote in message
ups.com...
> I recently changed my 8 month olds formula from the goodstart to
> goodstart 2. When should I give him the follow up formula? do i give
> him both the goodstart 2 and follow up everyday or is it just the
> follow up?
> any info on this would be great

Anne Rogers
December 27th 06, 11:57 PM
> From memory I don't think you start follow on formula till baby is 12
> months
> old. So stick with normal formula till at least then.

I think you've got to check the packets in the UK, the main reason for the
existance of follow on formula is as baby formula is not allowed to be
advertised, so they make a slightly different product and market it from
6mths on. Of course each company varies and there are definitely some
toddler formulas that are for 12mths+, but I think the same company has more
than one pre that stage formula, so the only way to find out is read the
packet, what does it say. I'm not quite sure what the differences are, but
if it looks like the follow on has less vitamins and minerals because of
part of the diet being solids, I'd be inclined to stick with the regular
stuff. Then after 12mths, provided they are eating a good diet go on to cows
milk, companies that market formula beyond 12mths are really just trying to
take your hard earned money away from you.

Cheers

Anne