PDA

View Full Version : Poor Exam Results

Dr A Singh
January 7th 07, 11:46 AM
I would like to draw the attention of parents.
Dear Parents, have you ever faced the poor results problem of your
child?
When we as parents see poor report card of our kids we start abusing
them badly.
I have seen very intelligent students but with very poor results.
For failures kids blame teachers and teachers blame kids, but the
actual thing which makes difference in the result is their different
Study strategy.This is what I have experienced in my 10 years
teaching.I have improved the results of a no. of students by telling
them right study strategy, which is generally never taught in a school.
Do you agree with me or not?

January 7th 07, 04:38 PM
Dr. Singh gave the opinion that many students do poorly because they
don't know HOW to study effectively.

Mary G. responds:
Yes, I would agree. Study skills are like research skills. They need to
be taught. I think it came more naturally to the older generation, who
wrote a lot more exams than is common in public school educations today.